The Life Insurance Practice Committee (LIPC):
- contributes to the strategic direction of the Institute;
- actively supports the development of actuarial practice through the Institute’s education, CPD, standard-setting, public policy and research activities; and
- actively identifies and promotes opportunities for members working in life insurance and facilitates communication and liaison within the profession.
The responsibilities of the LIPC include:
- Identifying new and emerging technical and practice needs of members.
- Identifying risk exposures for the profession in life insurance and wealth management and making recommendations to Council on how to manage these.
- Maintaining and developing professional education materials, including reviewing the course syllabus.
- Identifying continuing professional development needs of members and developing CPD programs and opportunities.
- Identifying potential issues for research and development.
- Reviewing and developing relevant Professional Standards and Practice Guidelines.
- Preparing public policy submissions on technical issues affecting life insurance and wealth management and on matters of broader public interest, including research activity.
- Communicating on a regular basis with members (e.g. via e-newsletters and Actuaries Digital articles) on issues and developments affecting life insurance and wealth management.
- Developing links with other actuarial bodies (overseas) and relevant professional and industry bodies.
MEMBERS OF THE LIPC SUB-COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS
Retirement Incomes Working Group
Anthony Asher (Chair)
Brnic Van Wyk
John De Ravin
Life Insurance and Retirement Faculty Members
| Faculty Head
|| Andy Siu
|Peter Corbett (LIRV)
Bruce Thomason - LIRPD
Anthony Brien - LI App
Jim Repanis - S&R App
Andy Siu (LIWMPC)
Vivian Dang (SPC)
| Chief Examiners
Georgina Hemmings - LIRV, LIRPD, LI App
Janice Jones - S&R App
Peter Kariatlis (Life)
Eric Cheng (Life)
Vivian Dang (Super)
Vivian Dang (Super)
Young Tan (Super)
Iris Deng (Life)
SME LI App
|SME S&R App
Eleanor Mazando (Operations)
Mike Callan (HEDD)
Retirement Strategy Group
Andrew Boal (Convenor)
Professional Development Sub-Committee
Stephen Dixon (LIPC Sponsor)
Kajal Pandya (Convenor)
Wen Yi Tang
Insurance in Super Working Group: Jeff Humphries
Direct Insurance: Adrian Kerins
Collateral Arrangements Working Group: Colette Reid