You can enrol for Foundation Program subjects during January for Semester One and July for Semester Two. Please refer to the key dates for further details.
As part of the enrolment process you will be asked to:
- Select the subject/s you want to enrol in.
- Select where you would like to sit the exam.
- Confirm your personal details as this will determine where information is sent to you during the semester.
- Confirm and pay for your enrolment.
Enrolments are acknowledged by email. If you don't receive confirmation of enrolment please contact the Education Team.
Course notes and other study materials should be purchased from the UK’s Institute and Faculty (IFoA) of Actuaries at ActEd (UK). Course notes are not included in the enrolment fee.
Exam locations and times
- Foundation Program exams are offered at approved exam centres around the world. If you wish to sit the exam at a centre not shown on the list, please contact the Actuaries Institute Education Team well before the published exam date.
- Please note some centres may have amendments to their schedule due to public holidays.
- Morning exams in Sydney and Melbourne commence at 9.15 am. Afternoon exams commence at 2.00 pm.
Exam changes - important
- You should regularly visit the Exam News and Updates page of the IFoA website. In the weeks prior to each exam you should also check that site to stay up-to-date with any changes that may occur.
Exam instructions and permits
- Please read the Instructions for Candidates. You will receive a permit letter, confirming the exam centre and time of your exam.
- On the day of your exam, please present your printed permit letter and one form of photo identification to the exam supervisor/s. Please contact the Education Team if you do not receive your permit letter two weeks before your exams.
REFUNDS AND SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES
Students are entitled to a full or partial refund of their course fees should they chose to withdraw from a Foundation subject, provided they submit their withdrawal form to the Actuaries Institute by the dates listed on the withdrawal form.
All forms needs to submitted by 17:00pm (AEST) before the deadline date to receive a refund.
Refunds apply for course fees only, and do not include course materials or textbooks. No refund will be given if a student is disqualified from sitting an examination for any reason, or fails to sit the examination.
Students who require special facilities due to medical conditions or who are unable to sit scheduled examinations due to a religious holy day may submit an application for access arrangements. To make an access arrangement please refer to the policy and submit an access arrangements form to the Actuaries Institute Education Team by the enrolment closing date.
A new application must be submitted each time access arrangements are required for an examination.
Students who believe their examination performance has been affected by personal difficulties, such as illness or bereavement, may apply to have these circumstances taken into consideration during marking by submitting an Application for Mitigating Circumstances to the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. Please refer to the policy prior to submitting your form to ensure you have met the required criteria.
Applications must be submitted within three weeks of the of the examination date and separately from any other application to:
Education Services Team
The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
1st Floor, Park Central, 40/41 Park End Street,
Oxford OX1 1JD, UK
Please cc in the Education Team (email@example.com)